My baby story....
On Wednesday, December 15, I had gone to sleep at about 6:00am not feeling very well. At 1:00pm I woke up with some painful contractions an started timing them. After 2 hours, the contractions had gotten a little more pinful but were so irregular that I figured if I went to the hospital, they would just send me home. So I just sat around at home for 6 more hours texting Bonnie and Mom the whole time telling them how painful my contractions were. Now, if you've ever had a baby that wasn't "scheduled" (induction or c-section) and you've been sent home from the hospital when you thought you'd be having your baby any minute, you'll know why I didn't want to go yet. Sure, my contractions felt like death, but they weren't regular at all! They were anywhere from 10-25 minutes apart...so I didn't want to go to the hospital and tell them that my contractions weren't regular and have them send me home because I was already in so much pain that I would have cried. So....at about 9:00pm, after some convincing from Bonnie and Mom (thanks guys), I went to the hospital. We went through the first paperwork process and then they took me to one of the delivery rooms to change into a gown and be checked out. After taking my vitals, the nurse checked to see how far dilated I was and she says, "Are you wanting an epidural? Because you're dilated to 7cm and now would be the time to get it." I was so shocked! When I was in labor the first time, I was only dilated to 2cm when I was having this kind of pain! But I was so happy that I didn't have to spend hours on end at the hospital just waiting to find out if I would be admitted (like I did the first time). They hooked me up to an IV and the whole time telling me that I was the perfect candidate for a natural birth because with how far dilated I was and how strong my contractions were measuring, I wasn't making any noise and not squirming during my contractions. That made me feel good...knowing I was calm...it was a good omen. Right after my IV was in, the anethesiologist came in and my epidural was put in. I love epidurals! I think that people that don't use them are just nuts! So...about an hour and a half after I got my epidural, I was dilated to 10cm and waiting for the doctor to get there to break my water. I felt so bad for my doctor...he looked like he had just woken up and was still half asleep! But I trusted him. And now here comes the fun part! The doctor broke my water and right away was telling me to push and after 2 pushes, TADA!...Elizabeth LaRee Eggett was born at 12:28 on December 16th. She weighed 5lbs 13 oz and was 18 inches long. So small compared to Luke (8lbs 3 oz and 20 1/2 inches)! But she was perfect! We had to leave her under the heater for an hour because she just didn't want to warm up! I guess she didn't have enough fat on that tiny body of hers. But after that, I got to hold and feed her for about 2 hours and then they took her to put her back under the heater for half an hour. The only other issue we had was she didn't pass her hearing screening the first time but she did the second time...yay! I had no issues at all...I only took pain medicine once and that was about 8 hours after I had her. I was so ready to be out of that hospital that morning, but of course I had to stay and make sure that everything was peachy. We left the hospital on Thursday afternoon and Elizabeth is so perfect! She cries only when she is hungry or poopy (sometime not even then) and sleeps most of the time. Luke just loves her! He's always wanting to give her hugs and kisses and will not take hold on as an answer! We are so happy to finally have her!!!
5 comments:
Hurray! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! She is adorable!
I really hate those hospital gowns...
Congrats. I am so excited for you. I am happy that things went well for you also. I hope that I get to see her soon. : )
Just wait... Luke will change his mine soon enough...
I really like her. She's adorable. I think I will steal her.
Post a Comment